Virtual Vaginismus Coaching
Vaginismus: a vagina-in-panic
Vaginismus is the instantaneous, involuntary tightening of the pelvic floor muscles in anticipation of vaginal penetration. This automatic reaction is always anxiety-based, whether the woman is aware of the underlying panic/anxiety condition or not.
Virtual Vaginismus Coaching is provided by Women’s Therapy Center
Our Virtual Vaginismus Coaching is for Women Who:
Details About Our
Virtual Vaginismus Coaching:
Virtual Vaginismus coaching is not a treatment program nor a substitute for proper medical care.
One-on-one video teleconferencing with our expert vaginismus doctors.
At Your Own Pace
While we recommend appointment every 7-10 days for continuity and best results, it is up to you how often you want to e-meet.
We do not mandate how many appointments you must attend but rather keep the process flexible per per your choice, and our discretion as to need.
Benefit from a gaining a better understanding of your vaginismus, of available solutions & resources, and ask as many questions as you have.
How to overcome fear of penetration, how to handle the vaginismus anxiety & penetration worries, and how to move forward.
Personal guidance for use of vaginal dilators, how to progress, and practice recommendations.
Transitioning from vaginal dilators to sexual intercourse, as well as enhancing your sexual being.
Any other input our doctors can provide within the scope of the coaching service.
Recommendations for when to seek medical care, when to defer to other specialist/s in your locale, and any other input that is needed for the success of your process.
Virtual Vaginismus Coaching FAQs
Virtual coaching is a valuable component of your vaginismus self-treatment because it provides you with expert guidance that is personalized to your needs, and done in real time.
Virtual coaching provides a sense of support, comfort and detailed explanations in the comfort and privacy of your personal space so you can express yourself freely.
A partner may join the session with your consent, and at our discretion, provided it is for your benefit.
Every woman has her own journey, which works very well with our virtual coaching because it is so flexible and individualized:
- We recommend meeting every 7-10 days as continuity is important, but it is your own choice how often we meet;
- It is also up to you to book either a 30 or a 50 minute follow up appointment/s, depending also on what you have on your agenda for the meeting as well as our recommendation;
- Other options: do you only want to book an initial Discovery appointment for discussing your vaginismus and recommendations? Or do you wish to stay on for as many appointments as needed to reach your goal/s? Or anything in-between?
Another benefit of our coaching program: no financial outlays as there is no commitment for a certain number of appointments or a prepaid package – you pay as you go.
The virtual coaching is available weekdays during business hours per New York time Zone. We will try to accommodate special requests as best as we can.
Your next step is to contact us so we can answer any questions you have and get the process rolling.
Financing or payment plans are not offered because you only pay per appointment.
- Review of your ‘vaginismus story’ – no charge;
- Discovery (initial) appointment for new clients: $275 USD (50-minutes);
- Follow up 30-minute appointment: $145 USD;
- Follow up 50-minute appointment: $240 USD;
- Payment is processed at time of booking via a major credit card or PayPal.
Be sure to join your appointment a few minutes ahead of time and wait to be admitted to the session. If you are late to join, you will only receive the balance of time left.
Contact us for more details.
We will discuss it during the Discovery (initial) appointment when we review your vaginismus needs, and map out a plan.
For dilator coaching, be sure to purchase your choice dilator set, and have on hand a towel, vaginal lubrication, a comfortable bed, and desired privacy. There may be other items needed but let’s discuss such as we take you through the coaching process.
Either Dr. Ditza Katz or Dr. Ross Lynn Tabisel will be your expert vaginismus coach. You can read about them here.
Both doctors pioneered their successful vaginismus treatment methodology and have treated thousands of vaginismus patients, thus are most qualified to be your coach .
While this virtual coaching is not a replacement for in-person vaginismus treatment nor is it a treatment per se, the doctors’ vast knowledge and experience can be easily modified into a coaching service.
As is practiced when we see women for in-person vaginismus treatment, the virtual vaginismus coaching also adheres to all applicable privacy & confidentiality laws. Your information is never shared, sold, or used inappropriately – we would not want such done to our personal information either if we were to be in your shoes!
Your file will be securely stored for 6 years should you wish to schedule additional appointments during that period of time.
Each virtual coaching appointment is a one-on-one meeting that takes place via video conferencing:
- The discovery (first appointment) will focus on assessing your vaginismus, needs, and goals;
- Also during the Discovery appointment, a plan of action will be developed to help you achieve your goals, including specific targets, identifying obstacles, developing strategies, tips, etc.;
- Subsequent follow up appointment/s will implement the plan, check on progress, provide ongoing support and feedback;
- You will be encouraged to share your thoughts and feelings about your vaginismus to facilitate an in-depth exchange and guidance and identify your individual needs;
- The ultimate purpose of this coaching is to help you gain new insights, develop new skills, and make progress toward your goals.
Vaginismus is an intimate, complex condition that requires careful coaching navigation. Therefor, you are encouraged to prepare your questions in order to maximize the benefit of each appointment.
However, if you have a pressing question that cannot wait until the next appointment, you can always reach us via email.
We will advise if we find the need for additional measures of support between appointments.
Important: in case of an emergency or a medical crisis, contact your local doctor immediately!
Unlike in-person treatment when we can absolutely project the number of sessions needed, vaginismus coaching is not predictable as it depends on many factors, including the severity of your underlying anxiety.
Also, every woman has her own vaginismus and a one-size-fits-all help is not recommended, which is the benefit of being coached: your vaginismus will become clearer as the process evolves, with additional tools and guidance added when needed.
Our goal is to narrow the process to the least needed number of appointments, which will vary from one woman to another. That said, you always have the choice of
- Going slower or faster = your choice as to frequency of scheduled appointments;
- Opting to convert this coaching service to in-person treatment at our clinic in New York;
- The discretionary decision by either of us as to when the coaching potential has reached its limit.
Unlike during our in-person treatment, virtual coaching does not allow us – the vaginismus experts – to physically assess your vagina and get a real feel for its size, pliability, presence of hymen, the structure of its bony parameters, other limitations, etc. To overcome these obstacles, you have several options:
- Go with the assumption that your vagina is fine, which in most cases it is;
- See a gynecologist before trying vaginismus dilation to ascertain that your vagina has no limitations;
- Undergo a gynecologic examination under sedation/anesthesia if your doctor cannot do an exam because you are too nervous to allow it, as is the case for most women with vaginismus.
Regardless of which option you choose, we strongly recommend that you are connected with a local gynecologist in order to attend to any vaginal concerns that may arise before, during, and after the coaching process.
While there is no substitute for the ultimate advantage of in-person treatment, virtual vaginismus coaching provides several benefits, such as convenience, accessibility, and a potential lower cost. It can also be a useful option for those who have transportation issues or live in a remote area where access to vaginismus clinicians may be limited.
However, virtual coaching may not be suitable for everyone and may depend on individual needs and circumstances. In some cases, different venues will be necessary and recommended, such as physical examination, in-person treatment, medical intervention, surgery, etc.
Rest assured we will advise if you have exhausted the potential of virtual coaching, or if another approach is recommended.
Our virtual vaginismus coaching sessions are primarily conducted in English. However, we understand that language should not be a barrier to receiving the support you need. If you require assistance with translation, please consider the following options:
- Invite a trusted individual who is fluent in English, such as a partner or close friend, to attend the session and assist with translation.
- Upon request, we may be able to arrange coaching sessions in other languages or provide translation services, depending on availability and resources.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us to discuss your language needs, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Virtual Vaginismus Coaching
Contact Us Form
We’re thrilled to hear you’re interested, and
look forward to being of help!